Monday, December 27, 2010

First Run in 3 Weeks

this is my first run since the marathon. i was a little worried about my left foot. it did start hurting around the first half mile but then got better. it was about 30 degrees when i started, i looked at one forecast that said it would be 19 degrees when i finished, another said it would still be around 30 degrees. i couldn't decide what i was going to wear. i decided to only wear my tights with shorts, no running pants. i also wore a compression shirt, long-sleeved shirt, a jacket, and, for the first time, a pair of gloves. i also wore a thicker sock hat and a pair of my new shoes. i think i would have been more comfortable if i had worn my running pants, my legs were a little cold. my shoes felt really good.

my legs felt great, however, my lungs did not feel so good. it was a little hard to breathe. i was never breathing hard but i just felt like i couldn't get enough oxygen. my legs felt like they could have ran twice as fast as i was running, my lungs and lower back just wouldn't let them. the last mile i hit a stride that was really comfortable, too bad it was pretty slow. i am hoping i will get a little faster when i get my body back on track a little. this was the second fastest 3 miles i have ran this year at a 9:16 pace.

thought of the day: "It is necessary to try to surpass oneself always; this occupation ought to last as long as life," Queen Christina. that is my goal now that i have ran a marathon, now i have to run another in much better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment