Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Run for Lunch, For Once

i finally made myself run over lunch, it was hard, because i am always hungry at lunchtime. today i decided i would rather run at lunch and not have to run after work. once i started my calves were pretty sore. the last 2 runs this summer have been the first two times all summer that my calves have been sore, also they have been the first 2 runs that i have really increased my paces. last summer, when i was running a lot faster, my calves were sore nearly every run.

i ran on the road behind the clinic, man it has changed. they are doing a lot of construction work and another company moved in to one of the buildings so the traffic was really bad. i was dodging trucks and cars, dump trucks, and backhoes. there is also a lot of gravel, some pretty big pieces too, along the side of the road. one time, while i was avoiding a dump truck, i stepped on a piece of gravel and nearly twisted my ankle. almost fell over in front of the dump truck. there were also some pretty good hills on this run, which didn't help my time. and even though it was cooler, there were no clouds or shade and the sun was beating down on me pretty bad. so here are my splits:

.5= 3:59 142
1.0= 8:20 4:20 163
1.5= 12:58 4:38 169
2.0= 17:40 4:42 167
2.5= 22:26 4:45 169
3.0= 27:33 5:07 169
3.5= 32:26 4:52 167
4.0= 37:29 5:03 171

i was pretty happy with my times due to the calf soreness, hills, and sun.

i need to run tomorrow, saturday, and sunday to get my mileage in for the week. my blisters started hurting at work after the run, hope i can figure something out for them by tomorrow's run.

thought of the day: "Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric" Bertrand Russell. i feel like many times my ideas seem eccentric to people. at work i am known as the one who does everything differently. i just like to do things the most best way. i like to tweak ideas and procedures with little twists, combining things that i see other people doing. some people don't understand, maybe one day i'll do things the way everybody else does (as soon as i teach them all my ways :))

No comments:

Post a Comment