Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Too Much Work Again

i was on call this past weekend, had to go in monday on my day off and worked until 7:30 last night and tonight. i made it to the gym monday and i was able to push myself (and emily) to the gym last night. tonight emily couldn't be talked into it, i was tired, and decided i better come home and hang with the wife since i am going out of town this weekend. the bad thing is, i missed my workout tonight (had a bike ride scheduled) and will probably miss my workout friday. no worries, i am just trying to maintain for now. i think joining the gym has given me extra motivation. if i can keep this motivation up and not work so late every night, i will be ready to run up and down the mountains and a few ultras this fall :). however, the gym has also given emily some extra motivation too. she told me last night she was going to beat me in a 5k this year. now, i have to try to beat todd, jeff, marlaina, and emily. luckily, i am the only one in the group in my own age/sex group.

thought of the day: my competition grows, but so does my strength. this may get to be more fun than high school sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment