Friday, August 6, 2010

Free Four

today i ran a "semi-free" four miles. i didn't wear a gps, heart rate monitor, or my running watch. i did wear my regular watch, so i did time my run, and i did run on a trail that i had marked, it is pretty close. so i ran 4 miles, maybe a little more. it took me 42:13, a 10:33 pace. one day, when i am finished with the training schedule, i am going to really free run. run with no gadgets and no predetermined length or time. it felt much cooler this afternoon but just as humid, once again i couldn't breathe for a mile or so at the start of the run, and my legs were a little sore. i wore some new shoes. i sent my sauconys back, they hurt my right foot, and they sent me a new pair, i think with some new insoles they will be good, they do seem to weigh a little more though.

i leave for colorado in 3 weeks, from here on out i will have to concentrate on shooting my bow instead of running. i am still gonna be running, have to so i will be able to run the marathon in dec, but i haven't been shooting my bow at all this summer, so i have to work on that more for now.

thought of the day: you can run until your legs fall off, but that doesn't seem like it would help you reach your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment