Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oops Again

i was thinking all day that i was scheduled for a 5 mile run today. i got off a little earlier than usual, came home, changed clothes and drove to my starting point. it was pretty cold, about 33 degrees when i parked and 28 degrees when i finished. i started out and my legs felt so tired. i thought, probably because i had ran 8 miles pretty fast for me, last night. at about 1.5 miles i thought to myself, i am not supposed to run tonight, i am supposed to run friday and saturday. when i realized that, i was too far to turn around so i just kept on running. figured it would just give me an extra day of rest before my long run.

i finished the run in 50.23, not my best pace but pretty good for as tired as i felt.

thought of the day: don't just think you know your schedule, make sure before you just go out and run. however, this is one of few times i have ever gotten a run in before i was supposed to. and once again, i do not regret doing this run, even if it was tough and a day early, i am very glad it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment