Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tired Now

ran 5 miles tonight, it was cold and a little windy. i felt pretty good, pretty relaxed. i never looked at my watch until i finished. i felt like i was at an easy pace for most of the run, there were a few times i had to make myself slow down. i actually ran one 1/2 mile segment in 4.17, way too fast for me on an easy run. now i feel extremely tired. i finished the 5 miles at a 9.14 pace, .02 seconds per mile slower than my fastest 5 miles this year, hope that doesn't affect me on tomorrows run.

thought of the day: after the run i was driving to the store and the saying came to mind "you only regret the runs you don't do." i thought that even as cold as it was and dark and windy for the first half of the run, when it was over i was so glad i had made myself run. when i got to where i was going to start the run, i was on the phone and a big dog came up to the truck and started barking and growling. i thought maybe i should just go home and not deal with him in the dark. before that a car came into the gravel parking lot and spun out then went on and i thought maybe i should just go home so they can't come back while i am running and mess with my truck. despite those 2 objects i ran anyway. afterwards i was glad i did. now i'm tired, time for rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment