Monday, March 1, 2010

I Did It!

Wow, I finally started running again today. I haven't ran in 5 months and i was able to run 4 miles today without stopping. I originally planned on 3 miles. It only took me 43.58 to run it! what a stellar pace. i used my new gps watch to make sure the mileage i had marked off was correct. however, i must not have done something right, it never connected with the watch or came on or something.

the first 1/2 mile was pretty brutal. a little after the first mile i started feeling a little better and i thought i can do 4 miles, hey i can do 5 miles, maybe even 6. then, as i was heading up the small hill to the 2 mile mark i thought to myself, i better leave well enough alone and just make it 4 miles, if that. then, as i hit 2.5 miles i thought, maybe i should just try for 3 miles and walk the rest. then, into my mind popped all the turkeys and elk that i want to be chasing this spring and fall. and i thought, even if i don't finish the last hill i have to try it. so there i went, on up the hill (didn't end up being such a challenge after all) and back to the house (my finishing point).

now my throat hurts, i think maybe from the cold air, or from the drainage going back the down of my throat. my legs feel pretty good and i feel pretty good over all, look out turkeys, i may be in the best shape ever during turkey hunting season (and if not i will still climb the hills and chase them as hard as i can :))

thought of the day: life comes and goes pretty quick, just when you think everything is getting better and going fine it can all change very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment