Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quick, Lunchtime Post

Don't have much time right now, but i do not want to get behind on posting so here we go. i did run last night, i was on call so i decided to run behind the clinic in case i had a call. the only soreness i had from the 8 miler on sunday was my tendon in my groin area, but it was coming and going throughout the day and had mostly gone by the time i was ready for my run (8:45pm). i will say running at night is much better since it is so much cooler, it was still pretty humid though.

i did 3 miles last night. i think, since the 8 miler bumped me up about 3 weeks, i will redo the 8 mile week again this week, just so i don't go too far too fast. anyway, the 3 miles were pretty slow. i think they were a little faster than what my watch said, i really think it got a little confused at one point where i was running and then turned 180 degrees and ran in the opposite direction, no time to explain my theory right now. anyway, here are the splits for time, split, heart rate in .5 mile splits:

.5= 5.04, 144
1.0= 10.25, 5.21, 161
1.5= 16.15, 5.49, 160
2.0= 21.37, 5.21, 162
2.5= 27.12, 5.35, 161
3.0= 32.59, 5.46, 165

my heart rate is way down from all my other runs, maybe that has to do with my pace being a little slower too, not sure. i noticed my resting heart rate has dropped about 10bpm as well.

so my pace was right at 11min/mile. that is one of my slowest paces ever for that length. but as i've said before, i am not trying to win any races, yet.

the thought of the day is "It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly" Isaac Asimov. the other side of that is that if the difficulties are not faced boldly much of the time they get worse and worse and you have to be bolder and bolder to face them; which is hard if you weren't bold enough in the first place. so, when you are facing a difficult situation just remember to face it boldly and then your boldness will grow and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment