Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Twice this week, so far

I had to work late tonight, wasn't sure i was going to get my run in. luckily i can now run behind the clinic on a road that has almost no traffic. it is much safer than running out here by the house.

i had already eaten supper, i gave it about an hour but that wasn't enough time, i really knew better. the other mistake i made was not stretching after my run on monday. my lower back was so tight today and my stomach felt so bloated, the entire run. it was pretty tough but there was no way i wasn't going to get the three miles in. i told myself to just keep running through the discomfort because i wasn't stopping. that helped, a little.

my time today was a little slower than monday, not good. it was 30.45. surely i will start getting back to my old times before too long. during the run every 1/2 mile kept taking longer and longer. it has been about 1.5 hours since my run and i feel much better now. i did a little stretching after the run and my entire back popped and it felt pretty good.

thought of the day "the biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it is occurring." Bernard Shaw this reminds me of my life. so many times i think i have communicated something to someone because i think the other people are thinking the same line i am thinking in. most of the time they are not. then this creates confusion. another thing i do and other people i know do, is to assume that someone else is communicating something with a third party and the second party is assuming i am communicating with the third party. then the third party is left out or only gets part of the info. if we all learned how to communicate better and then took the time to do so we would all go through life a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment