Monday, July 11, 2011

Ouch

i said today was going to be the day i started back in full force. i got up this morning and had to take my truck to the shop. their loaner truck was wrecked so they sent me to enterprise to get a rental (they were paying for). at enterprise they were very backed up and told me it would be about an hour wait. by the looks of things i figured it would be more like 2. i called the dealership to see if i could get a ride to the clinic so i could just pick up my work truck. they said they had another truck i could drive. while at enterprise waiting for them i started feeling queasy. i got the other truck and came home and was still feeling a little sick. (i only had a granola bar for breakfast with a diet coke). i tried taking a nap, i think the phone rang at least 6 times in the next hour, i did not feel like answering it. finally, the phone stopped ringing and i was able to nap for about 1 hour. then em got home and we had to go meet a contractor about building our new building, he was in tn ridge. then em wanted to stop by paul's pizza, her favorite. by the time we got back home it was 7:45pm. i got dressed and headed out to drive to the running location, knowing i HAD to run today and knowing a big part of it was going to be in the dark. the first 3/4 of a mile i couldn't breath well due to the humidity, it was 86 degrees too. the next 3/4 of a mile i felt really good. then everything started going downhill, but not literally. i could feel my heart beating in my throat and i looked at my watch and it said my heart rate was 182, one of the highest i have ever had. from that point i started walking a lot and trying to run at times. no matter how low i let my heart rate get, it was only a matter of a minute or two before it got back up in my throat. for the last half of the 5 miles i walked more than i ran. i figure i ran a little over half the entire 5 miles. my gps cleared the distance when i started but not the last time, so i am not sure exactly how long it took, but it was around an hour.

so today was a good day, i splurged 1 extra piece on the pizza but didn't really eat near as much as i normally do in a day. and i got a run (or run/walk) in. i am back on the wagon and will have to work hard this week to stay there, i know the work schedule is going to be tough this week, but i am trying to get through this first week hoping that the rest will be a little easier. i need a motivator to keep me in check (J).

thought of the day:"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight" Helen Keller. running is one of my deficiencies, or maybe running fast or in hot, humid conditions. it has definitely taught me patience and given me insight. however, i am getting a life-sized poster of Todd to hang on my wall. since i will not be elk hunting this fall, i need a new picture in my head when i hit those hard walls. since beating Todd is my new goal it only seemed appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment