Friday, September 16, 2011

OK 4

i meant to say something about the pain i had wednesday before my run, but forgot to mention it in the last blog. tuesday night, just before going to bed, a sharp pain started from my left shoulder, down my left arm and up my neck. it hurt bad all night and i didn't get much sleep. i was wondering if it would be hurting for my run. the pain had died down a little but not completely. to turn my head to the left i had to turn my entire upper body. the pain was still there today (friday) but much less, i still can't fully turn my head to the left without pain. it really doesn't bother me during my runs though.

i didn't think i would get my run in today. i tried to get up early and run, i had to be out the door around 6:30. i set the alarm for 6, hit snooze, got up at 6:20 and it still seemed pretty dark, i went back to bed. i guess i have been running in the dark at night, just didn't seem right in the morning, one should be sleeping. maybe it was because the window looks to the west and the sun comes up in the east. anyway, i didn't run. i had thought about running at lunch, since i was taking off at 12 anyway to go work a mossy oak event. i knew it would be hard to run and get a shower and then get to the event in time, had to be there at 2. ended up working until 1:30. the event was supposed to end at 8. however, the event ended around 4 and i left about 5. i got home and sat down for a few minutes then got dressed and got my 4 scheduled miles in. when i run this route, i usually run 1/2 way (mostly uphill of course) and then turn around and head back. however, tonight i was going to run 4 miles away from the house and emily was going to pick me up on the way to the far. usually the second half of the run is faster because it is more downhill, not tonight with this plan. my left calf hurt most of the run, a few times i felt like it was going to give out. my right knee hurt just a little. overall i didn't feel too bad.

when we got to the farm i was pounding a big stake into the ground with a sledge hammer. once i missed the stake and the sledge hammer slipped out of one hand and hit me in my right shin. it is pretty bruised right now. hope it doesn't bother me on my long run this weekend. i am supposed to be at the mossy oak event from 8-8 tomorrow and until 4 on sunday. that doesn't leave me much time to run 14 miles in the light. have to get it in. have to get it in.

thought of the day: the things that you allow to control your life, will control your life. no matter how bad you want to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment