Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bad Socks

after work today i was getting ready for my run (putting on my running clothes) and could not find the socks i knew i had packed. i went out to my truck, with my shoes on and no socks, and knew i couldn't run that way, i looked for my socks in the truck with no luck. i decided to wear my work socks, my long, thicker, work socks.

i had a tempo run scheduled, 1 mile slow, 5 miles at 8.28 pace, then another mile slow. since i was going to be going slow on the first mile, emily decided to do the first mile with me. i think this was the first time she has ever ran with me, even though i have been asking her for a long long time. she wasn't far behind when i finished my first mile, and she had even walked some of that mile. so my first mile was really slow, but not that i wanted to go any faster. i ran last night's run 1 min/mile faster than scheduled and i could tell my legs were a little tired. after the first mile i sped up and was actually on pace for the first 1/2 mile but then slowed down for the next couple of miles, then got a little faster, then a little slower. the time for my 5 miles of tempo running was 46.57, a pace of about 9.20min/mile. that was actually slower than my "slow" run from yesterday. i have been trying to stay on those paces, they are supposed to get me to finish the marathon in 4 hours. i was thinking i may have to decrease that goal a little since i haven't been able to keep the paces as low as recommended by my schedule. but i did finish and felt pretty good, i was definitely tired at the end. i think if i slow it down a little i should have no problem finishing these longer runs.

thought of the night: busy weekend ahead, gonna have to squeeze in my runs somewhere, have a race in just over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment