Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Slacked a Little

i worked saturday and did not get to run, was planning on 14 miles sunday. on sunday they were predicting thunderstorms in the afternoon with hail, etc. i decided not to run due to weather, the last few runs i've had where there was a chance of rain/lightening, i ended up running in rain/lightening. on sunday, it rained for about 5 minutes. i was a little upset with myself that i didn't try the run. so i postponed the run until monday. monday i was not feeling well, i had a headache all day until about 5pm. i could have (should have) at least gotten my 4 miler in. i decided not to. tonight i was on call but was feeling really bad about not getting my long run in for the weekend and really bad for not getting my shorter run in on monday. i decided to give it a try and carry my cell phone with me. i figured, it was only 4 miles and i would be, at the furthest, 20 minutes from my truck and 10 more minutes to the clinic, which i figured was acceptable. at mile 1 i got the first call, i stopped and called the people back. they decided to wait until tomorrow. at mile 1.5, they called back and wanted me to see the dog, but they weren't exactly sure. at mile 2 they called back and wanted me to see the dog for sure. i stopped to talk to them at all of those points. they were a good ways away, so i headed back to the truck, then to the clinic where i dried off and changed back into work clothes.

i ran the 4 miles in 36.32, a little over 9 minute miles. i am not sure how stopping all of those times affected me. the breaks probably helped, but with every stop i had to build the pace back up. tomorrow i have a 7 mile tempo run scheduled. both thursday and friday i have meetings after work and saturday and sunday. to get this weeks runs in will be a little tough, after this week everything should slow down so i can concentrate on my runs for the marathon.

once again it is late and i am tired, going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment