Monday, October 31, 2011

2 for 1

i never posted my last run, so tonight you get 2 for 1. this past wednesday i ran 6 miles of hills. it was really cold. i coughed for 2 days. i had planned on running saturday and scheduling long runs here on out to the marathon on mondays. however, saturday i was coughing and had wheezing in my chest so i decided to rest another day. sunday i had stuff to do all day so i couldn't run. i was going to do a long run today but still wasn't feeling that great. i think i will still be able to get a 16, 18, and 20 mile run in before the marathon. i will just taper 2 weeks, which i think is acceptable. it took me 64.47 to run the 6 miles of hills on wednesday. that was over 2 minutes faster than when i ran the same route 1 month ago.

so i decided to just get back on schedule today and run 5 miles. at about a quarter mile i just wanted to turn around. i was uninspired and unmotivated. somehow i still ran the first mile in 8.51. my mental status got a little better during the second mile, but i knew i was running too fast, i still have 3 more runs this week. mile 2 was 9.09. mile 3 was 9.48, i was trying to slow myself down a little and my back was hurting a little (had been cutting and moving wood for about 2-3 hours today). mile 4 was 9.09 and mile 5 was 8.58. my pace for this 5 miles was 9.12, my fastest 5 miles of the year, and definitely not what my schedule recommended.

thought of the day: i don't know why i have been so unmotivated lately. the marathon is just over a month away, i guess that should motivate me some. i think i just have too much stuff on my mind and too much other stuff i need to get done, so it is hard to feel good about a run right now. taking time off of my marathon PR is seeming a little bleak right now, even though my marathon PR is pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment