Monday, October 24, 2011

Tight

i did not get the planned run done last thursday, i was trying to but just got tied up with stuff before i had to leave for a conference that evening. i was at the conference all weekend basically sitting in a chair all day long for 3 days in a row. i didn't think about it until 1/2 mile into my run today. i did wake up last night with a pain in my right knee and my feet hurt all day today before the run. then 1/2 mile into the run, my calves felt really tight. i thought they would loosen up, but they only got tighter. at mile 2 i had to stop and stretch and walk a little. they never got loose for the entire run and at one point i thought i might have to walk the last 1/2 mile. no matter how slow i tried running, the pain never went away. my feet and thighs also hurt a good part of the run. i finished the 5 miles at a 10:18 pace surprisingly. after the run i did try to stretch my calves good. i had planned on running 16 today, got all my stuff ready, just had to change clothes and leave. i decided to sit down for a few minutes since i was actually ahead of schedule. i ended up falling asleep for over an hour. that meant i would be running a large part of the 16 miles in the dark, so i decided to just do 5 and get back on my schedule, luckily.

thought of the day: rest is good, but not too much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment