Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wind and Rain

i was scheduled for 6 hill miles today. it was about 7pm when i got home and cold, windy, and raining off and on. i talked to jeff and he told me he ran 8 miles this evening, so that motivated me a little. i came in the house and started getting ready, i wasn't in any rush, since the conditions weren't going to get much worse. then my cousin called and we talked for about 20 minutes, but i had my clothes on so i decided to go run. it was cold to my lungs and made it a little harder than normal to breath and my legs were cold. i had to stop twice to let cars go by so that slowed me down a little. at the 1 mile mark it was raining so hard i could barely see in front of me. since i could barely see and because it was so cold, i decided to shorten the run by half. there is also a bug going around the clinic so i don't want to weaken my immune system any more than necessary. so i ended up running 3 miles in 29.12

here are the splits:

.5= 5.02
1.0= 4.45 9.48
1.5= 5.10 14.59
2.0= 4.56 19.55
2.5= 5.07 25.02
3.0= 4.09 29.12

thought of the day: i went from 80 degrees and extremely sunny on sunday to night, 45 degrees and rain tonight. if i could run in extremes every time i would be stronger. there has to be some weather condition where i preform my best, i hope i haven't been preforming in it yet, because i would hate to say i have had a great run so far this year since all of my runs are below average for my age (i think for my bmi i am doing pretty good though).

No comments:

Post a Comment