Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23, 5

i have a lot to blog about tonight and it is late and i am very tired. first off, 2 weeks ago i had been doing pretty good getting my scheduled runs in but had missed 1 run each of the previous 3 weeks. this was the week i had to settle for a very slow 12 miles instead of my planned 15 miles on saturday. monday i had too much stuff going and didn't get my run in. tuesday at work my right hip started hurting whenever i put weight on my right leg. tuesday night i thought i would not try to make up monday's run since my legs had been so tired the week before. wednesday the hip was worse. thursday it hurt more. so i did not run wednesday or thursday and by thursday i had decided to just skip the week and give my legs and hip a rest. so no running the entire week. oh, and i had a very bad sunburn on my back all week too. today i got up and weighed myself. i have lost about 11 pounds in the last month or so. then i started work around the house and sweated completely through my shirt and pants. i came back to the house and did a little easier work in the shade, got plenty to drink, and cooled off a little. then went back to work. i decided to go cut some trees down that were over the road. doing that i once again sweated completely through my shirt and pants. i got overheated and on the 4-wheeler ride back to the house i could tell i was way too hot. i came in and drank about 12 oz of water and then a coke and then got into a cool shower. before the shower i weighed myself and despite trying to drink constantly and the food i ate during the day, i had lost 5 pounds, and when i figured that i had drank around 5 pounds of fluid for the day and had eaten one meal. finally, when i cooled off i went outside and did a few more small chores,came back inside and jumped on the treadmill at 9:30 for a 5 mile run. i did this run a little slower than usual just to see how my legs were going to respond and because i had nearly overheated earlier. i did this run in 51:14, a 10:15 pace, in my new brooks trance 10s, the shoes and my legs felt pretty good. ok, im finishing up and going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment