Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25, 5 miles

pretty uneventful run tonight. i had a dinner meeting after work tonight and got home around 8:30pm so i was on the treadmill again. i set the pace to 6mph and stayed there the entire time. the run felt pretty easy except towards the end i could tell my legs want to slow down a little, but overall a nice enjoyable run, watching an elk hunting dvd. thought of the day: i think i really need to start stretching and doing some core work outside of running. i usually run and then come inside to the cool house and sit down and tighten up. i think i would run better and keep from getting hurt if i stretched more and i think the core work would help my running as well. this weekend i am going to miss my long run to do some backpacking to try out some new gear and try to get some big hills in with a heavy pack to get ready for montana. we should cover about 27 miles over 3 days with a 40-50 pound pack on my back. i am cutting back on mileage for my long runs since my 15 mile run was a slight failure. so next saturday i plan to do 13 (i was gonna do 12 this weekend). that should still give me two 18 mile runs and a 20 mile run before the marathon and then another 20 mile run before the ultra.

No comments:

Post a Comment