Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6, 2012, 4

i got a late start tonight, i began my 4 mile run at 10:40pm. got home late from work, did some work around the house, ate supper, did some research and finally got on the treadmill. my legs have felt tired all week. don't know if they are supposed to (this is a reduced mileage week for me) or if it is the lack of sleep, standing too much and walking too much at work, not really sure. the bad thing is that i have pushed my runs back to where i will be doing my long run the day after running for 2 days straight. i guess the good thing is that i only have to do 9 miles tomorrow. i did 4 miles tonight in 39:08, a 9:47 pace. thought of the day: this really isn't a thought but a story. i had to go check a bull this afternoon that hasn't been able to walk well for about a week. he is very weak in his rear legs. since he isn't able to walk, he isn't able to get to the chute to work on him. i was trying to give him a shot in the butt and he was trying to walk away and we couldn't get him to stop. so i thought if i tried to give him a shot in the neck from the front he might stop. when the needle hit his skin he looked at me and flicked his nose into my chest. i compare it to me brushing off a fly on my arm. yes, i went flying about 6 feet back and landed on my back then rolled right up on my feet. i saw it coming but it looked like he did it with such ease that it wouldn't even move me. i have been butted by many cows and calves before and i can usually stand my ground with them. however, he is a big bull and there was a big difference.

1 comment: