Saturday, August 4, 2012

Aug 4, 13 miles

i started today with jeff around 7:50am. (we were supposed to start at 7:30 but i was fighting with my hydration bladder and i couldn't get the top all the way on and i spilled gatorade everywhere) we ran together for a little over 6 miles. we ran about a 2.5 mile loop twice (1/2 a mile run from the driveway) and then back to the driveway. since that loop seemed to have a lot of sun and only a little shade i decided to run my 3 mile out and back twice more and then another side road that was about 1/2 a mile one way. luckily, as i was around mile 7 jeff brought me some ice water and i filled my hydration bladder back up and drank some. then i carried that bottle with ice under my left arm (it wouldn't stay strapped to the pack) until i got back to the mailbox then i stashed the bottle and my hat in the mailbox and continued. at mile 11.7 i stopped for one of numerous walk breaks and called emily to pick me up at the end of the driveway with some ice water and a towel. when i got there i had about .3 of a mile left and was trying to finish it, but when i got to 12.85 i felt like i was way too hot and had to completely stop for a minute or so and thought i was about to vomit. i then walked the rest. the ice water emily had was great. i think i drank it too fast and i thought it was coiming back up. when we got to the house emily made me a smoothie that was cold. after about 15 minutes i cooled off and had to get my snuggie on, in which, i fell asleep for a while. overall, i felt pretty good for this run, other than heat. i think it was about 84 when we started and 91 when i finished. i have no idea what the heat index was but it was hot. this 13 miles was 4 minutes slower than my last 13.1 mile run. thought of the day: run earlier and find a spot that is nearly all shaded next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment