Sunday, September 6, 2009

Getting Closer

well, thunderstorms kept me from running today (or the forecast of thunderstorms). so, it has been a week today since i have ran. i will try to run a long one tomorrow. i will get it done. after that it is slow down time until the big trip. 10 days from now i will be in montana!

i have been trying to get all of my gear together and organized to make sure i can pack it all. i have bought 2 new rolling suitcases that i thought i would be able to put my bow and all my other luggage in for the flight. however, neither looks like it will work, they do not have enough protection for my bow. i do have a very good bow case that is ultra protective, but it will only carry a bow, my arrows and nothing else. i thought i would get something that would carry it all since they charge for every bag you check now. oh well, back to the drawing board, i think i will send one of the bags back and just check 2 bags and fly knowing my bow will be protected in the heavy duty bow only case.

here is my thought of the day: sometimes you can really screw up and fail and be honest about it and you can benefit so much from the failure. don't look at your failures as failures but as learning experiences. when Thomas Edison was working on the light bulb he was asked if he was getting discouraged and he said something like this, "i have not failed, i have found 175 ways that it won't work," implying that he was learning from each failure.

next week i will be setting up my SPOT (personal locator) and i will let everyone know how to follow my progress while i am in montana. i hope everyone is as excited as i am!

No comments:

Post a Comment