Friday, June 25, 2010

Does Anybody Out There Even Care

finally, i got another run in this week. i went ahead and did the 6 miles i was supposed to do on wednesday. i wore some reflective slap bracelets/anklets that emily had bought for me since i was starting the run after 8pm. they wore horrible blisters across the back of my achilles tendons. ouch. but when i was running i couldn't make myself stop to take them off. my calves were pretty sore, the hills really got me, not that there are any big hills, just long ones. by the time i get to the top of one of the hills i feel like i am barely moving, then speed up a little until the next hill. around mile 3.5 the wind started blowing and it felt good. but it didn't stop, luckily it was at my back until i turned around at mile 4, then it was in my face, the gusts had to be at least 25 miles an hour. there was also a very dark cloud just over me, i was pretty worried. i thought i was going to have to stop at a house and call emily to come get me. however, there was no lightning, and all the houses where i was were Amish. wondered if they had phones at all. i kept running and knew there were houses that weren't Amish that probably had phones where i would hit 4.5-5 miles. i kept running and the wind kept getting stronger, i was hoping emily would just come pick me up. finally, as i got to the 6 mile mark it started sprinkling a little and i saw emily coming in my truck. i took the slap anklets off and could tell i had some bad blisters. anyway, here are my .5 mile split times and heart rates:

.5= 4.52 145
1.0= 9.56 5.03 162
1.5= 15.17 5.21 163
2.0= 20.35 5.17 165
2.5= 26.00 5.24 164
3.0= 31.24 5.24 167
3.5= 36.49 5.24 165
4.0= 42.18 5.28 170
4.5= 47.43 5.24 168
5.0= 53.18 5.35 164
5.5= 58.54 5.35 164
6.0= 64.15 5.21 166

that gives me a 10:42 min/mile pace. not too bad, i thought i might be a little faster since i had so much rest. i think i need to start stretching again before my runs to get my calves and legs warmed up.

hopefully i can get a 4 mile run in tomorrow before we leave on vacation and be able to run a little while we are gone and then pick up when we get back.

thought of the day: this is a quote from one of the songs on the ipod i use. it is a song by Lenny Kravitz "does anybody know how many lives we've lost, does anybody ever count the cost, what will it take for us to join in peace my fiends, does anybody out there even care." and you probably thought the title of this post was directed at my blog :). i often feel like people don't care about the things that seem important to me. i guess i may not care that much about things that are important to others. i guess what is important is that we care about something . just make sure it is truly important. but as the song says, we should all be working towards peace with others, if we all focused on caring about love we could accomplish lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment