Friday, June 18, 2010

Rest and Sad History

today is not a running day, good thing, my legs need a break, especially if i plan to finish the race tomorrow. i have to run 9.3 miles in the morning then head to the clinic (on my saturday off) and do a scheduled c-section. you ask who would schedule a c-section on their day off? well you probably know that puppies don't wait around for me to be working to be born and i don't think they will make it to monday (which is also my day off). hoepfully i will be able to finish the run an then have enough energy to do the surgery.

anyway, i was just looking at my running times from last year and it was sad. of course this year i skipped a couple of weeks in the first part of the schedule and that may have something to do with it. however, i had one 3 mile run at 26.21, blowing away my fastest 3 miles this year by over 2 minutes. i ran 7 miles at 9:30 min/mile, 11 miles at 9:54 min/mile, and 12 miles at 10:05 min/mile! those are all much faster than what i have been doing them in this year. tomorrow i only have to run 9.3 miles so maybe that will give my legs a little break, i am definitely not trying to set any records.

i think i am gonna try to go to colorado for about 5 days to elk hunt, so i really need to start shooting my bow some, i just had the string replaced last week. i hope that hunting trip doesn't get in the way of my running (i almost feel ashamed of saying that).

well, it's 5:30 and the clinic is closing and if i don't leave i will be locked in, gotta go, no thought of the day or spell check, gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment