Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fastest This Year

i did my 5 miles last night, i think. my gps quit working so i am not sure exactly how far i went. i figured the battery was low just before i started the run but i was running here by the house and knew i had the mileage marked. however, when i got to the 3.5 mile area there was a lot of grass lying on the road where they had just mowed. so i am not sure how far i went, but i am pretty sure that i went at least 5 miles and maybe a little over. i started the run about 8pm so it was a little cooler but it was still very humid. when i got done i took my sweatband off and wrung out the sweat, twice. i think it was so humid that after i wrung it out the first time it soaked up water from the air. not really but it was very humid, i don't do well running, or working, or doing much of anything in high humidity. i did run for 53:04 minutes. my heart rate stayed around 171 and i felt pretty good. the lightening that was to my north (i was running south) probably got me going a little faster.

tonight i ran 3 miles, my fastest 3 miles this year, still not a great time but it was faster than normal at 28:49. i am too tired to figure out my pace right now. once again it was extremely humid, especially when i started out. i ran in my new shoes, with the footsleeves cut out and my feet felt much better. my left foot (the wider one) did hurt a little on the outside just after the run. here are my splits (i did put new batteries in the gps unit) in 1/2 mile increments:

.5= 4:30 148
1.0= 9:08 4:38 171
1.5= 14:01 4:52 174
2.0= 19:01 4:59 173
2.5= 23:54 4:52 174
3.0= 28:49 4:56 177

each split was under 5 minutes so i feel pretty good about that, but it was tough with the high humidity and everyone cutting their grass.

thought of the day: "it is so humid out there you could stir it with a stick" that may not be an original quote but it was said by one of my business partners last week. i think the humidity also makes it hard to run, kind of like resistance when running through water. i guess it will make it easier when the humidity goes down.

i did order a bracelet and necklace i.d. to wear when i run, so i don't get hit by a car with no i.d. on me. on the necklace (looks like a "dog tag") the information is on the back and you get to choose from a lot of pictures or sayings to be engraved on the front. i got a fat turtle running on the front because that is what i feel like when i run, funny i had just written about the tortoise and the hare on monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment