Monday, June 7, 2010

Good Start To Another Week

i did my scheduled 3 today. once again i waited until pretty late (7:45pm) to let it cool down. once again it was still humid. i started out trying to get a better time today since i felt good and yesterday was a rest day. i think i really over did it to start and that hurt my final time. after the first 1/2 mile i was trying to recover the rest of the run. i wore my new shoes today. they did much better, but about 1 and 1/2 miles they really started hurting my feet. the pain went away until i stopped and i couldn't get my shoes off fast enough. i had to cut the foot sleeves out of the shoes (even after i took the shoes off, the thought of the foot sleeve on my foot was unbearable). my foot was hurting right where the foot sleeve crossed my foot. i then put the shoes back on and they felt great. will probably not wear them on my 5 mile run on wednesday but will try them again on thursday for another 3 miler. here are my time splits and heart rate at 1/2 mile increments:

.5= 4:24 (too fast) 168
1.0= 9:35 5:10 173
1.5= 15:07 5:31 170
2.0= 20:53 5:46 164
2.5= 26:29 5:35 165
3.0= 31:50 5:21 172

that is a little better than average of what i have been running but not as good as i was hoping. i did finish pretty strong though, probably would've had a better overall time if i had not tried to push so hard at the beginning. oh well.

thought of the day: like the hare, we must learn to pace ourselves at the beginning of the race so we don't run out of steam at the end. sometimes it is better to be steady than too push too hard. but i bet the turtle never got much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment