Saturday, November 20, 2010

5 Days In A Row?

well, i thought having this week off i would surely be able to get in my runs. however, i realized something. i like hunting more than running. i actually run to be in better shape for hunting. i hunted monday morning and during the first part of my run on monday afternoon, i kept thinking i wanted to be hunting. that probably didn't help with the run that day. the rest of the days i hunted all day, expecting to get my runs in at night. i did run wednesday night, but the other nights i didn't get it done. now i have to run for 5 days in a row to get back on schedule. i started off good tonight by getting a 6 mile run in. the book that has the schedule i am using says to take these tapering weeks easy. it actually says, "no one has ever tapered too hard." so if i don't get all the runs in i don't think it will be that big of a deal, but i am going to try my best to do all of them.

i turned my gps on but forgot to sync the gps to my watch. i am sure that i did 6 miles, but i don't have my splits. i ran this 6 miles very easy, not really pushing at all. i did happen to run this 6 miles 3 minutes faster than my other fastest 6 miles of the year. i am feeling very good while running lately.

thought of the day: "Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing until it gets there" Josh Billings. i am trying my best to stick to this running the plan as best as i can. after i got back from colorado i have done 21 of 29 scheduled runs. i know that probably isn't great for something like running a marathon, but sometimes things get in the way. the marathon is 2 weeks away from today. it is hard to believe that it is that close. i get butterflies in my stomach now just thinking about it. my feelings are mixed. from nervousness to excitement. i am really excited because this has been an 17 month goal and it will be here quick. i am pretty confident, but i know things can happen. one man who was a favorite to win one of the recent marathons dropped out around mile 12. i just wonder how he couldn't even finish when he was supposed to win. slow, steady, relentless forward progress is my plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment