Monday, November 1, 2010

Back on Track

my legs are still a little sore from the race saturday. however, when i started running today the soreness went away. i am not sure what i was thinking, but i started out way too fast. even though the soreness was gone, i could tell my legs were tired because after the first mile, my legs could not keep up the pace. my gps also gave out right at mile 1. i guess the battery died. i am glad it died today and not on a long run. i am not exactly sure how far i ran, but it was very close to 5 miles if not 5. i guess that is one good thing about running the same route most of the time. if i did indeed run 5 miles, it was my fastest of the year by 4 minutes. the first mile was 9:16, which blows my next fastest pace out of the water. it was very sunny while i was running, but still pretty cool.

thought of the day: one of the men i know that was running in the half marathon sent me a text today. he and i ran together during the start of the race, then he went ahead, i caught up to him around mile 6 and we ran together until around mile 10. in his text he told me he had been fighting a kidney stone all week and it really hit him at mile 9. i finished 9 minutes faster than him, he finished with a kidney stone, my run doesn't seem so good now.

No comments:

Post a Comment