Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Maybe I Need More Rest

i skipped running yesterday because my legs felt a little tired and my book says rest is the most important part of the tapering phase. i thought running 8 miles while my legs were feeling tired after 2 days of running hills would not be very good rest. so i skipped the 8 miler yesterday and ran 3 today. i ran on a course with some pretty good hills and my legs still felt tired. i need to run 5 tomorrow. maybe the rain will hold off and let me. i ran this 3 miles pretty relaxed, not pushing, but my legs still felt tired.

here are the splits:

0.5= 5:15 149
1.0= 10:01 4:45 165
1.5= 15:01 4:59 170
2.0= 19:50 4:49 169
2.5= 22:01 5:10 172
3.0= 29:57 4:56 174

it was an out and back and my gps seemed a little off at mile 1 then i finished about 100 yards from where i started, so i think my time was actually a little faster, doesn't really matter.

my brother got back into running this past weekend. glad to see it. i thought my goal of catching him was just gonna be gone. now i still have that to work for (although it may take lots of work). after the marathon i plan on doing a good bit of speed work to get a little faster.

thought of the day: sometimes when i am getting close to a goal i wonder if i have worked hard enough. my goal is to finish, so hopefully i have worked hard enough to do that, i guess if all else fails, i can walk. i have now logged over 417 miles this summer. before i run the marathon it will be right at 440. my goal was to run 500 miles this summer. if i can keep running after the marathon i should be able to reach that.

No comments:

Post a Comment