Friday, November 26, 2010

Worried

ran my 3 miles tonight. got home late, decided to watch a movie, and then run. it was 10:15pm by the time i decided to run and 32 degrees. the cold was good because i needed to try out the new running tights and long sleeved compression shirt that i just bought. they worked well. it was a little cool starting out but after that it felt pretty good. the only thing i need now are some running gloves. i do not like wearing gloves, ever, but i think i could run in them. my hands get real cold. however, i am afraid i will take them off and not have a pocket to put them in during a run, so i haven't bought any yet, besides, most of them are $20-30, just for a pair of gloves.

what i am worried about is this. for the last year and a half my main running shoes have been my asics. however, after my 18 mile run, the shoes were looking a little beat so i decided i would buy another pair to run the marathon in. i couldn't find any that i really liked so i never bought any. i just thought i would start running in my saucony shoes. they had hurt my feet on longer runs but i thought i could get them worn in by the marathon. however, they have been hurting my feet on the longer runs, still. so 2 of my last 3 short runs i have gone back to the asics and afterwards my shins have been killing me. i guess i will run the marathon in the sauconys, i think i can bear a little pain after 12-13 miles on the outside of my feet rather than shooting pain in my shins after 3 miles.

here are my splits for tonight:

0.5= 4:54 156
1.0= 9:44 4:49 170
1.5= 14:26 4:42 169
2.0= 19:43 5:17 173
2.5= 24:47 5:03 174
3.0= 29:47 4:59 169

3 more runs before the marathon, a 6, 4, and a 3.

thought of the day: marathon 8 days away. this time next week i will be in memphis trying to get some sleep before the marathon. i can't believe it is this close. hope my legs are strong enough. i need a twelfth man on my side (and maybe that many people to run a relay with me to finish the race).

No comments:

Post a Comment