Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20, A Humid Road Run

today was the first short run on pavement in a couple of weeks. that along with the humidity and heat made it a tough one. my pace was about average but the perceived effort felt more than normal. i ran 4 miles in 40:47, a pace of 10:12. i was sweating like crazy by the time i got back. my legs felt a little tired too. i din't like that since i didn't run monday and last night i got more rest than i have in a long time. today i reached 130 miles for the year. last year at this time i was at 118. i think i will blow out last year's total of 474. this may i ran 43 miles, this month i have ran 55 miles with 10 days to go. i hope to get 41 more miles this month. if i can average 80 miles for the next 6 months that will give me 651 miles for the year. maybe i can get to 700, we'll see. thought of the day:my neck and shoulder on my left side, my biannual injury, started hurting last friday. it makes it really tough to run with my shoulders relaxed. the pain is nearly gone but in can still feel the stiffness in my left shoulder blade. the pain didn't hit me as early in the year as normal but it did hit, i was hoping to get through this year without it. guess not. because of the neck pain i have stopped p90x for the week but hopefully i will be able to get back on that next week. i was down to 183 pounds last week, had one great binge day on father's day and gained 5 pounds. i have lost 2 of those pounds and maybe more now. i do like the diet pretty good, but we'll see how it works when i have to add the carbs for the long runs. i think i can still lose 2-3 pounds a week and at least that will help some. if i lose 2 pounds per week until my ultra marathon i will be at 166, that is 1 pound above my goal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment