Saturday, June 2, 2012

A new PR I say

today was the Dash to Ditch LYmphoma 5k starting at beachhaven. i got there early and when i realized the race was going to be chip timed i decided to go with my usual plan of starting all the way in the back so st the end i only have to catch up to someone to beat them, i don't actually have to pass them. the gun sounded and i hung around and let everyone go by, even all the walkers. then i hit my watch to start timing and started running. then i started looking around for the chip reader at the start adn realized this was going to be one of those races that only has a chip timed finish. so i messed myself up a little. however, i was not worried beacause i wasn't there to win, i was just running and knew my gps would have my time anyway. when i finished the 3.1 miles the official clock read 27:34, however, my gps read 27:25, which is my fastest 5k by 2 seconds (which i was not expecting at all). when i told jeff and sherri i had a new pr by my gps they said only the official time counted. i say my gps has the official time. after i finished the race i turned around and ran the course again to get my mileage in. i really should have done 8 today to get where i need to be on my schedule, but i will get caught up, i hope, ezpecially now that i have a gym membership and a treadmill. thought of the day: my pr is what i say it is.

3 comments: