Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21, 2012; 4 miles

one day per week i am dedicating to speedwork. since i don't have a track i am going to be doing this on a treadmill. tonight i ran 4 miles. i started at 6mph and after a half of a mile i started increasing the speed by .1 of a mph per tenth of a mile until i got to 7mph. then i backed down to 6mph for .2 of a mile. then i went back to 7mph and up .1mph every tenth of a mile until i got to 7.5mph. then back to 6mph for half a mile and then to 7.5mph increasing as before. i could only make it to 7.9mph before i had to back down to 6mph for the last .4 of a mile. i finished the 4 miles in 37:07, a 9:17 pace. this week i really haven't felt like running and my neck had really been hurting. i had to make myself climb on to the treadmill, but after this run i really felt good (neck isn't much better though). my weight has plateaued right now at 185 or so. thought of the day: sometimes, it feels like no matter how hard i try to do the best i can, things just go wrong. i know everything is a work of God. the goods things i do and my successes are all Him acting through me. when tough things happen i know that is Him working through me. it is all to glorify Him, i guess sometimes i have to be extremely humbled to glorify Him. even though i know this, my selfish pride gets in the way and it is hard for me to handle. all i know is that one day i will be in heaven and i will not be worried about the small things in this life that humbled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment