Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Know I'm Bad, But Am I Scary

i got my 5 miles in this afternoon. thankfully it seemed a lot cooler than my last couple of runs. if you are interested, here are my times:

1m: 9:12
1.5m: 13:39 (4:27)
2m: 18:21 (4:41) (way slow)
2.5m: 22:56 (4:35)
3m: 27:32 (4:35)
3.5m: 32:06 (4:34)
4m: 36:27 (4:20)
5m: 45:20 (8:53)

so my overall pace was 9:04/mile. not too bad. for some reason i slowed up between 1.5 and 2 miles, or else i would've had a pace under 9min/mile. anyway, i am pleased. 5 miles is easier now than i ever thought it would. after running the 8 miler on sat i have started losing a little weight too. somehow i dropped 5 pounds since sat. that doesn't really sound healthy but i have been eating and drinking just like normal.

the thought for the day comes from personal experience. i have noticed at work (and have talked about in the blog) that people sometimes go around me when they have a question or need. they even do this when i am the person who could best answer their question or fulfill their need. i think sometimes people are looking for the path of least resistance, and i don't believe in doing things half way. however, sometimes i feel like (or know) that some people are scared of me. i do not try to be scary. as a matter of fact i try to help everyone in anyone way i can. i try to show appreciation by giving employees new benefits, buying them treats, letting them have time off for personal stuff, etc. i almost feel a little ashamed when i hear they are scared of me, and a little hurt when they feel like they can't ask me the questions. and i guess i am probably a little quiet and to the point a lot. but i feel like i do try to have fun with and respect all the employees. maybe the employees just go around me to someone they know will give them the answer they want 99 percent of the time without thinking things through. oh well, i guess all i can do is try to be humble and serve them while leading them (i thought this is what i was doing, maybe i'm just not good at it). any suggestions welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment