Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm Bad

this morning i got up and ran my 5 miles before work. there was a time when i might have wondered if i would ever run 5 miles again in my life, and now i ran it before work. this is so unlike me. i guess elk and a crazy comment by a cousin can make you do weird things. i ran the 5 miles at a pace just over 9:33 min/mile, not too bad. in the morning i need to run 3 miles to get back on track.

i remember back in vet school Robert would have a hard time getting me to run 3 miles with him, and an even harder time getting me to finish. i think because then i was on a vegan diet and didn't have the energy. luckily i quit that, pretty quick.

here is a quote for the day, from one of the songs on my playlist on emily's ipod: "you say the sky's the limit, but to me that's really true..."

can anyone guess who sings that song, i'll give a hint at the end (i guess i have already). to me that quote is talking about the people who say the sky is the limit because it is the right thing to say, not because they believe it. i believe it. i hope everyone reading this believes that what people may tell you is impossible may not be. with God all things are possible. this is not saying that God will allow you to do anything, but i believe God will help us accomplish many things in life that many others will tell you are impossible. so do not listen to the negativity of people, listen to the optimism of God. I can't tell you how many patients are alive today because i refused to listen to people tell me there was no chance for the patient to survive. they were right in one aspect, if i didn't try, there was no chance for the patient. however, because the owner and i were willing to try we were able to save their pet. now i am not saying i save them all, i probably don't even save 1/2 of the really critical patients, but to the ones i do save, i know the owner is extremely appreciative (and i like to think the pet is too). so, the next time someone tells you that you can't do something that you believe you can do, tell them you can do it because....(wait for it...wait for it..) "I'm Bad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment