Monday, October 11, 2010

14 Miles

I did my 2nd 14 mile run of the year. this one was 20 minutes faster than the other one, 2.5 months ago. for the 1st 5 miles my shins hurt and were pretty weak. finally, they quit hurting. the first 9 miles it was light outside and then it got dark. i thought i was going to get hit by a car around mile 10.5. like i said, it was dark, i was running on the shoulder of the road, just off the shoulder was a steep drop off. a car came around the curve pretty fast, i could hear a car coming from the other direction. i think the car on my side of the road saw me and hit the brakes, when he did his truck started pulling to the right, towards me. i tried to get as far over as i could, in the dark, and i think it looked like i was walking a tight rope, and nearly fell off the shoulder. and about that time the car coming from the other way passed us. pretty exciting for a moment. otherwise, the run went pretty well. i decided to run this one a little slower than the last few since my shins had been hurting. i didn't get any blisters and my legs felt good after the run. my pace was 11:08 min per mile. i was trying for 11 min miles, so i was pretty close. my last 7 miles were 1.5 minutes slower than the first 7, pretty happy about that too.

thought of the day: there are workaholics and there are people who just work a bunch, not because they love it or are obsessed with it, just because they have to, their job just requires it. i think i am the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment