Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Couple of 4s

i didn't run monday since i ran the long run on sunday and it was pretty tough. i was going to try and run tuesday during my lunch break. unfortunately i worked through lunch and then i was on call and worked until about 10pm. yesterday i was going to run during lunch but couldn't get motivated, so i ran last night at 9pm. it was pretty cool and i was coughing all day today from breathing in the cold air. today i couldn't get motivated to run at lunch either, so i ran tonight at 9:30. i need to run another 4 tomorrow to get my short runs in for the week. i will not be able to run my long run during the weekend due to prior engagements, i guess i will have to run it on monday. i could run it on sunday, if i wanted to run to tn ridge from clarksville, but there are some very long, steep hills, so i may push it to monday. doesn't look like i will get to hunt this weekend or on monday.

my 4 miles on wednesday was my fastest of the year so far. i was surprised since i was running the hilliest route that i run. so, tonight i took it pretty easy. i pushed it for 1/2 of a mile, but thought that was enough since i pushed pretty hard last night. i have been feeling pretty good, shins have not hurt for a week or so.

my time for last night was 37:12 (9:18min/mile pace, still 20 seconds/min slower than jeff's easy pace for the same mileage, just saying). tonight i finished in 38:54 (a 9:44min/mile pace).

thought of the day: i was talking to one of my partners about some stuff at work tonight and when we were getting off the phone i made the joke that i had to go take my blood pressure medicine. what he didn't realize was that i was talking about running. since running, my resting heart rate has really slowed down. it does relax me, even though this week it has cost me a little sleep. maybe that is one thing i will be able to catch up on this weekend, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment