Sunday, October 31, 2010

Clarksville 1/2

i didn't get to run all week. doing my long run on a monday really threw me off schedule, not to mention work once again. i was not too worried, my legs and body really needed the rest after the long run. i am pretty sure, when i do my 20 mile run that i will have to start tapering the plan, whether i want to or not, if i survive.

i did the clarksville 1/2 marathon in my fastest pace for that mileage. i finished in 2:10.53. that is a pace of 10min/mile. my gps did not match up with the mileage markers on the race, it was about a quarter of a mile off. at what my gps said was 13 miles, it showed that i was running a 9:45min/mile pace. so, because i train with my gps, that is really quite a bit faster than my fastest pace for that mileage (about 9 minutes faster for 13 miles) in training. the gps and race mileage markers were pretty consistently the same distance apart. overall, i am very happy about my time, even though i was 25th out of 30 in my age group and about 280th overall. maybe next year i can win. my older brother who is nearly a decade older than i am, beat me by a decade (in runner's time).

i will be out of town this coming friday through next monday so i will not be able to get my long run in this coming weekend. not to worry, i had an extra week planned into my schedule. i plan on doing a little extra mileage during the week. and getting back to the schedule next week.

thought of the day: patience is a virtue some say. i often think of myself as being a patient person. but, is it possible to be patient while at the same time being impatient. it is. i can very often be extremely patient with something i am fine being patient with, while in that very instant being impatient with another issue. i think being impatient can be a sign of selfishness. it is very humbling when i see my impatience. (i hope all those patients were spelled correctly)

No comments:

Post a Comment