Monday, August 22, 2011

Interesting Run

today was an interesting/eventful run. first of all, at about .1 miles i remembered i left my keys on the back bumper of my truck, that was parked at the co-op. so i had to run back, get them and put them in a safer place. that 1/2 mile was right at 1 minute slower than the next three half mile splits. then, around 4.5 miles i saw Jeff running up the hill towards me. we stopped and talked a little, it was a very nice surprise. i knew one day we would have to see each other while we were both running. then, at mile 8 my gps battery went dead. after that i just ran 21.36 minutes to come out pretty close to 10 miles, one way or the other. it was a pretty good run. I cut about 11 minutes off my last 10 mile time, so that is over 1 min per mile faster. i was feeling really strong until the last 1/2 mile. same thing happened last time.

once again i did not get this run in over the weekend, so i had to do it on monday. hopefully i can get on the schedule, it looks like i might just have to switch my long runs to monday, not doing it just yet though.

thought of the day: i was going to quote "Eye of the Tiger" by survivor tonight. i heard this song twice while i was running today, and both times it really gave me a boost. i think if i could hear to start and then about every other mile i could really improve my times. however, i am too tired to remember the exact lyrics i wanted to post and i am too tired to go get the phone to play them. next time you hear the song, think of my and that song exeplifying the attitude i have when i run (i picture elk, turkey, Todd, and Jeff) and i am hunting them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment