Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Schedule?

i had been following my own schedule for a while. i think it was a good schedule, i think it would have been great if it had a little more detail. i had tempo and interval runs scheduled, but at no particular pace. however, i downloaded the running world smart coach app. which is oriented and has training to help me meet a certain pace for a certain distance. so, it tells me the exact pace i need to hit on tempo and interval runs. even though i knew i needed to do these, i wasn't. funny how when i had a goal pace to hit today, i ran much faster and better than i had been. today was a tempo run with a 1 mile warm-up, 3 miles at 8.24 pace and then 1 cool down mile. i do think that my gps went a little crazy on the first half mile. it said i did it in 3.27. i think it was more like 4.45, the same as the following half mile. so i think my overall time was about 1.25 minutes slower than actually reported. we will, however go with the recorded time on the watch, just to make me feel better and give me a goal to reach for.

my overall time (by my watch) was 48.30. the second mile (the first tempo mile) was 8.19, the second was 9.26, and the third was 10.13. for the cool down, i felt like i was running really slow, but had to give it all i had to keep moving. the last mile was over 12 minutes.

pretty good run, i felt like.

thought of the day: keep running, you'll eventually get somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment