Saturday, August 13, 2011

long time no blog

the last part of this week has been a little busy. i got my workouts crammed in on thursday and did friday's workout today, saturday. hopefully i will get todays run in tomorrow and get back on schedule on monday. i took thursday, friday and saturday off to go to a convention in nashville. however, someone else needed today off so i worked. thursday morning i ran 5 miles. my calves were really tight but loosened up. overall i felt pretty good. it was cooler, first run in a while i didn't have to walk for a little, didn't even get a drink during the run. my time wasn't that good, 52.17, the second half of the run was actually 1 minute and 21 seconds faster than the first half.

thursday afternoon i biked about 10 miles in 53.35. i can tell i am getting much stronger on the bike. i may not be getting a whole lot faster, but i can get up the hills without having to gear all the way down. i wish i felt like i was making that much progress in my running.

thought of the day: once again jeff is kicking my butt. i guess when i wrote about picturing todd and jeff running ahead of me to give me motivation, gave jeff some motivation too. i think he thought i wasn't visualizing him far enough ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment