Monday, July 20, 2009

Back on Track?

Well, today was somewhat more productive than yesterday. i got a few things done and didn't have to take a long nap. Emily told me she wants to run clarksville's 1/2 marathon in nov. i think that may be pushing it a little for her, but who am i to judge. i think a marathon at any time is pushing it a lot for me! after my run today, emily may beat me in the 1/2 marathon. i ran 3 miles in 29 minutes. it seemed like i was going a lot faster. my legs felt good, my breathing was a little rough, but it seemed like i was running so much faster than usual. turns out i was a lot slower that usual. tomorrow is a rest day, maybe i can get some upper body in (i am on call too).

Here is a quote i got off a website and it reminds me a lot of my own running, but i am not sure that it does so for the right reasons.

"Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, "I've never seen anyone run like that before." It's more then just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative."

yes, lots of people look and stare as i am running down the road and they pass me in their cars. one actually stopped and wanted to know if i needed help. i think they all say "i've never seen anyone run like that before." but i will trudge on, with my head to the grindstone, in relentless forward progress until i reach the goal. today i started to worry because it looks like i will have to be running during the heart of deer season to be able to run the clarksville 1/2 marathon and the memphis marathon. talk about sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment