Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello, is anybody out there?

If you have been following you know i am on call today so i did not get to go for a run or long walk. It was really a rest day anyway on my new schedule. However, i did do some push-ups, crunches, and leg lifts. i saw an info-merical about the P90X today and would like to try it but it cost $120. my bow is at the clinic in my personal truck so i didn't get to shoot it either. my plan is to run in the morning and shoot my bow over lunch or after work.

as many of you probably know emily and i are leaving for montana on tuesday so i may not be blogging for a while. i will be sure to make daily notes of my workouts and thoughts so i can share them with everyone when i get back.

the title of this blog comes from the fact that no one has posted any comments lately so i was wondering if anyone is even reading my posts. if you are, just let me know, send a little encouragement, or even discouragement, something so i will know someone is reading.

My deeper thought today will be about rest. today is Sunday and also happens to be a rest day on my training schedule (i think all Sundays are). so i want to remind everyone that God set aside a day especially for rest. not because He knew humans would be lazy but because He knew our bodies needed rest. after all he did make us. funny thing about muscles (that we are all made of) is that you can work them all you want and they will never grow. but start giving them a little rest between workouts and you can watch them grow. The Lord says "all you who are tired and heavy burdened come to me and i will give you rest." so give your cares, worries, and burdens to the Lord, He is dying to carry them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment