Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blogtastic Motivation, Marathon Madness and Miley Cyrus

Let me tell you what happened yesterday. I got a message on facebook from a cousin saying i should run a marathon with him and he had a plan to get me on track. Well, all the way home that is all i could think about. Then i got home and was going to go walking with Emily. i thought to myself "self, you can't just walk tonight, those following your blog will be a little disappointed that all you did was walk." So instead i walked with my pack, vest, and ankle weights and when i got back to the house i also did an upper body work-out. Man i was proud.

After that i thought i would look at some stuff about marathons and there i was after 11pm looking at stuff to get me motivated to work out instead of sleeping so i could get up and work out. life is funny.

Anyway, i ran by this quote "Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." George S. Patton. So then I was motivated to get up and run for 45 minutes before work. i think this quote will really motivate me to do a lot more.

So, in less than 12 hours i had walked for 37 mins. with all my stuff on, done an upper body work out, and ran for 45 minutes. I was pumped (and still am right now). I am on a roll and everything is only getting better and easier.

On another note, while i was walking last night i heard a song i have heard a couple of times and even though i hate to like the song (for obvious reasons) i have to admit i do really like one line, the line that may describe my life over all other lines. The line is this "there's always gonna be another mountain, i'm always gonna want to make it move." This sort of ties into the message from yesterday. The only way to move a mountain is by RFP (see yesterday's blog for complete explanation).

So, here i am perpetually motivated by my blog and its followers, cameron hanes and the RFP idea, George Patton and Miley Cyrus!

No comments:

Post a Comment