Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Didn't Want to Regret this Run

had to get up an hour and a half earlier today, not to mention i got in bed about 30 minutes to an hour late last night. i was pretty tired all day and my feet really hurt towards the end of the day. i came home and thought i would get a quick nap before my scheduled 5 miles. i woke up about 7:40 and thought about just eating a little and getting in bed and running in the morning. however, i kept telling myself the quote i read a while back, "you only regret the runs you don't do." so i made myself get my clothes on and get ready. once i got going i was happy i did, relieved. relieved that i wasn't pushed to get up and do the run in the morning. the run went well. i started thinking that my feet are very tense when i run so i started trying to relax them and my legs. it really makes a difference running completely relaxed, hard to get used to, but feels better. here are my splits:

.5= 5:09 146
1.0= 10:27 5:17 160
1.5= 15:41 5:14 162
2.0= 21:02 5:21 164
2.5= 26:16 5:14 166
3.0= 31:31 5:14 169
3.5= 36:45 5:14 167
4.0= 42:17 5:32 167
4.5= 47:38 5:21 168
5.0= 52:38 4:59 169

i think on mile 4 my gps may have lost signal for a little. it is usually one of the faster segments, but on this run it was the slowest of all. my watch beeped once and i thought it was because i made it to the next split and then a minute or so later it beeped again and i looked at it and it was recording the .5 mile split. the last 1/2 mile is where i was letting my legs, feet, and arms relax and just striding. still wearing my sunglasses at 8:50pm, to keep the bugs out of my eyes, i was hammering out the strides and i saw something in the road, looked like someone, about 30 yards in front of me. i couldn't see it since i still had my sunglasses on, so i moved over to the other side of the road and took my sunglasses off and it was 2 people walking a dog, i almost ran into them.

thought of the day: on my run i was thinking about different things and one thought crossed my mind. i was thinking of how God had seemingly changed His mind in the Old Testament. I am not sure if that is the right term for it, but He would tell one of His followers His plan and they would plead with Him to "change His mind." i just wondered to myself why we don't plead/pray like that now. i think if we truly cared for the lost, the world would be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment