Monday, July 26, 2010

Longest and Toughest So Far

i didn't run on saturday since the heat index was so high. it was supposed to be a little cooler on sunday. when i headed out it was 87 degrees and the heat index was 96. it was a little too hot, but i had to get my run in. by mile 8.5 i had drank 32oz of gatorade. i had emily bring me a refill so i refilled all of my bottles and took off again. over the next 5 miles i drank another 32 oz. i had to stop and walk at miles 10 and 11. the early heat had really done me in. however, i pushed, hard. my pace was 12:40. when i got home i felt so bad. i stretched a little, drank another 30oz of gatorade and went to bed and fell asleep for 2 hours. then i got up and ate a little.

it is too late and i am too tired to post my splits, maybe i will tomorrow. i haven't written them all down yet, but it will be interesting to look at them and see the journey that way. i did try a new road, it was hilly. big hills. might be good to do on shorter runs but not when i am already so tired (i was on that road from miles 8.5-12.5, wow what a surprise) and have much more to run.

hope everyone had a great weekend. i think my brother is lost, he hasn't blogged in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment