Friday, July 30, 2010

A Good Week of Rest?

i wrote last week that i was worried about Jeff because he had not blogged in a few days. however, this week i was the one who wasn't running/blogging. i am not really sure what happened. i did my long run last week on sunday. so i got off schedule and needed rest on monday. then i was on call tuesday and it was really hot. when i got home wednesday, it was thundering and lightening, so i decided not to run, it never did storm. thursday, i knew i had a run on friday and sat and thought i better not run. so, finally, i ran today.

this was my fastest 4 miles this year at 39:30. a pace of 9:52. i was pretty impressed with myself, not that i ran so fast, but that i was able to keep a reasonable pace for the first 1/2 of the run and then finish the second half a little faster. probably comes from my legs being good and rested. here are my splits:

.5= 4:56 145
1.0= 10:03 5:07 160
1.5= 15:03 4:59 161
2.0= 20:02 4:59 166
2.5= 25:06 5:03 163
3.0= 29:55 4:48 165
3.5= 34:44 4:49 168
4.0= 39:30 4:45 172

my second 2 miles was 34 seconds faster than the first.

thought of the day:"We have to fight them daily, like fleas, those many small worries about the morrow, for they sap our energies." Etty Hillesum i have had so many little things bothering me lately. i have had many new responsibilities added at work, new situations to address, still trying do my regular job, and trying to keep up with increased business. all of this has kept me at work much later than usual, while still not being able to get the work finished. all this work has just put extra strain on me and has not allowed me to enjoy anything. i am constantly in thought about one thing or another work related. i usually go through this once or twice a year, so i just have to remind myself, to do the best job i can, prioritize, trust my employees and delegate, and everything will be fine, maybe not perfect, but fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment